Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Five Stages of Green

1. DENIAL:
There's no such thing as global warming. It's just a figure of speech. No, really. Everything's
fine. Ice caps melt all the time. That's why it's called ice, not rock, silly.

2. ANGER:
Who went all emissions crazy here? I want to know now! What do you mean the polar bears
are drowning? You talking to me? Yeah, you, the one in the Hummer, dressed in fur, smoking
a cigarette. Yeah, I'm talking to you...

3. BARGAINING:
Maybe if I only take 5 minute showers instead of an hour, that'll help. Maybe if I recycle my
water bottles and cans, that might help. Can't you give me more time on Earth? I promise, I'll
do better, really. Just don't let all the oceans rise and wipe off my continent. Promise, I'll do
better.

4. DEPRESSION:
So what if the Planet's in peril? I just want to stay in bed and finish my gallon of peanut butter cup ice cream. What's the point in recycling, reducing, reusing? Go away. I don't want to talk anymore. I can't breath from all the chemical smoke blowing over from the factory. (Cough, cough.) Can you hand me my teddy bear? Now, go away.

5. ACCEPTANCE:
Okay, this is a big problem. The government can't solve everything. My neighbor won't help. The driver in the gas guzzler doesn't care. It's down to me. It'll hurt. It's not going to be easy. But I can take it. I'm ready to go green.

(c)2009 Jenaelha, Friendly Gnome's Blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like your blog. Thanks for the inspiration.