Thursday, February 10, 2011

How Do I Globally Warm You? Let Me Count the Ways....


Early 20th century Valentine's DayCard, ca 1910
photo from Wikimedia Commons

Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate love.

But Earth doesn't get any love from the Global Warming monster.

Mama gnome battles against the Global Warming Monster every day.

One of the more memorable fights was the Great Battle of October 2009, when Mama gnome

became a Lean Green Fighting....er Gnome.

This is how the wretched monster professes his global warming ways...

“How Do I Globally Warm You…Let Me Count the Ways…”

I globally warm you to the depths of your oceans and heights of your atmosphere

my carbon dioxide parts per million can reach, when feeling out of breath

For I sought to end the being of fresh air and ideal blue skies.

I globally warm you for every mile humans drive

Most earnestly in their oil glutton machines

I warm you copiously as men dig for more oil

I warm you hideously as men gouge mountain tops and poison their valleys

I warm you with oil slicks that cover ocean waters and kill majestic creatures you choose to ignore

I warm you even more with each melting ice sheet drifting to oblivion

In my old global warming ways and with your petroleum companies' faith

I globally warm your Earth with greenhouse emissions

I seem to gain every day---

I globally warm you with every tree, coal and fossil fuels you continue to burn-- and, if

you so choose...

I shall globally warm your Earth better after death

Red hearts for humans, a black one for the Global Warming Monster.

This Valentine's Day...give the gift of love to Planet Earth, and may your hearts be green...

(c) 2009-2011, Jenaelha, Friendly Gnome's Blog

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of climate change deniers who refuse to accept the realities of global warming. What harm is there in living prudently and in a way that will give our children and grandchildren the best chances with our remaining natural resources.

Anonymous said...

Valentine's Day (along with other holidays) has become a huge consumer-frenzy competition. I wonder how much we waste on this day alone, on paper, plastic, metal, gasoline, etc. I think we should do something nice for our loved ones, and cut back on the "stuff."

Friendly Gnome said...

Mama gnome agrees with you Anon.
Valentine's Day should be less about "stuff" and more about "love."