Monday, December 7, 2009

I Warm You Globally...Let Me Count The Ways....

Mama gnome loves to read poetry sometimes.

And one of her favorite poems is, "How Do I love thee? Let Me Count the Ways" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

Mama gnome thought in honor of the ongoing COP15, the United Nations Climate Change Conference,

she presents a poem showing the severity and gravity of not love...but of Global Warming.


"How Do I Globally Warm You? Let Me Count The Ways..."

I globally warm you to the depths of your oceans and the heights of your atmosphere

My carbon dioxide parts per million can reach, when feeling out of breath

For I sought to end the being of fresh air and ideal blue skies.

I globally warm you for every mile the humans drive

Most earnestly in their clunkers and SUV's.

I warm you copiously, as men dig for more oil

I warm you hideously as men mountain cut and burn more coal.

I warm you with the oil slicks that cover ocean waters

I warm you even more with each melting ice sheet

In my old global warming ways and with your petroleum companies' faith

I globally warm your Earth with greenhouse emissions

I seem to gain every day---

I globally warm you with every tree, coal and fossil fuels you continue to burn- and, if You choose...

I shall globally warm your Earth better after death.


No it's not supposed to be a lovely poem. It's horrific. Just like Global Warming.

Here is a picture taken by NASA dated 2007 showing the amount of Arctic Sea Ice that has been lost because of Global Warming.


NASA, http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/images.php3?img_id=17800


Please show how many ways you love Earth and let us count the ways...

Go Green.

(c)2009 Jenaelha, Friendly Gnome's Blog

No comments: