Thursday, November 26, 2009

A grateful gnome

Mama gnome bustled around the aga stove all day. Today the gnome family celebrated a day of giving thanks.

At the table, Mama gnome said, "Family, I wish to say thank you to all of you, to Daddy gnome, to elder gnomelet, baby gnomelet, Auntie gnome. Mama gnome is very thankful for all your love and support, especially when we have to battle Plastic Bag Monster."

At this point, the gnome family stopped eating and went grrrrr... at the thought of Plastic Bag Monster.

Mama gnome continued, "I'm also grateful for our planet Earth, our trees, oceans, polar bears and all creatures big and small. But please tell me, what are you most thankful for?"

Elder gnomelet said, "For water, Mama. And the plants and trees. Because I love trees!"

Auntie gnome said, "Marine life! Marine life! Our oceans especially without pollution are so beautiful."

Daddy gnome said,"I'm thankful for our garden, Mama gnome. Even though we live here where it's quite city like, we have our yard where the trees and plants make me feel quite at home."

Mama gnome said, "Quite right, Daddy gnome. You are quite right."

Baby gnomelet said, "I'm thankful for Mama for giving me all this food!"

Mama gnome smiled.



video by Earthshots.org
music by Sigur Ros, "Hoppipola"

Mama gnome wishes everyone would see the bounty and beauty of our planet and show our gratitude by helping her stay safe. Please Go Green.

(c) 2009 Jenaelha, Friendly Gnome's Blog

No comments: